The Importer-Exporter Code (IEC), issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), is a key business identification number which is mandatory for exports or imports. This API can be used to get details of an importer-exporter by importer-exporter code.
Make your onboarding process safer, faster, and smarter by verifying the legitimacy of your merchants by using their import-export certification.
With the Import Export verification API, you can now confidently onboard merchants knowing that they are a genuine entity, registered under the Registrar of Companies, and are authorized to partake in the import and export of products.
● Provide an IEC code number as input, and you’ll receive multiple data points that help you identify and mitigate the risk of the merchant.
● With the IEC verification API, you can be confident that the entity exists, and is authorized to operate by a government body.
● Our system checks the information from the DGFT, the IEC's issuing authority. Therefore, the results are always correct and legit.
- Partner will integrate the IEC verification API.
- Use case of the verification API would be defined by the partner itself
- A individual would be providing his/her IEC code to the merchant, or in some cases, the merchant itself will
provide the IEC code to the partner
- After entering the requested details, the IEC would be verified and, in response, the partner would get the below
mentioned Authentication API Outcomes.